Social Media Icons

Urban Impressions of the Stations of the Cross

Friday, December 30, 2016

December 30 - The Holy Family of Jesus

In Our Hearts, Minds & Action

The readings today highlight the importance of having love in my heart, mind, and actions. As we approach the end of 2016, and spend Christmas with friends and family, the text that resonates the most for me is from Colossians, Chapter 3. This reading provides me with a good reminder to reflect on the relationships I have with my family, neighbors, and friends in order to identify areas of improvement. As I pull key words from the scripture, such as, compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, forgiveness, love, and thankfulness; I am able to review and identify areas where I have fallen short in letting “the peace of Christ control [my] heart” (COL 3: 15). Moving forward into the New Year, I will remind myself, “in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him” (COL 3: 17). 

  • Which relationships can you let the “peace of Christ” be more in your heart?
  • Forgiveness is hard to do, so what steps can you take to release yourself from this distress?
  • Family matters can be large and overwhelming, or small and disregarded. What is hindering you from being more compassionate, kind, patient, gentle, etc.? How can you have more love in your heart, mind, and actions?
Huneth Lor
RCIA Catechumen



No comments:

Post a Comment