Social Media Icons

Urban Impressions of the Stations of the Cross

Saturday, March 26, 2016

March 26 - Holy Saturday At the Easter Vigil in the Holy Night of Easter

Holy Saturday

I have often thought of this day as the between day, after Good Friday and before Easter. However, as I have experienced life, Holy Saturday has expanded for me. It has become a point of reflection on God’s plan of salvation for us. I first, meditate on Abraham and Isaac. How Abraham is obedient to God’s request to offer Isaac as a holocaust. Then he answers Isaac’s question by professing “God himself will provide the sheep for the holocaust.” 

In this answer, I reflect on Jesus laying in his tomb and the apostles in hiding. What did the apostles think about? Did they have faith in God like Abraham? It is my understanding that Abraham trusted in God’s promise and had faith that he would raise Isaac from the dead. 

I will continue to look into the areas of my life that remain hidden, among the dead. What actions can I take, to embrace the resurrected Jesus? 

My invitation is that you take a space of time this Saturday and reflect on how to allow God’s light to illuminate the hidden areas of your life.

Reflection by J.G.G

No comments:

Post a Comment