Social Media Icons

Urban Impressions of the Stations of the Cross

Thursday, March 17, 2016

March 17 - Thursday of the Fifth Week of Lent

O GOD, who chose Bishop Saint Patrick to preach Your Glory to the peoples of Ireland, grant through his merits and intercession, that those who glory in the name of CHRISTian, may never cease to proclaim Your wondrous deeds to all.

Through our Lord JESUS Christ, Your Son, Who Lives and Reigns with You in the Unity of the Holy Spirit, One GOD , for ever and ever. Amen! Ave Maria!

Denying Self, Taking Up Our Cross, and Following JESUS
Today's Readings


Saint Bernadette's 'testament' is an exceptionally expressive statement of gratitude for the gifts that she received:

For the extreme poverty of my father and mother,the failure of the mill,the wood that brought unhappiness,the wine of fatigue,the dirty sheep.........thank You , my GOD.

For the extra mouth to be fed that I was,for the ragged children,for the sheep that I watched.....thank You, my GOD.

Thank You, my GOD, for the procurator, the superintendent of police, the policemen, and for Abbe' Peyramale's harsh words!

For the days when you came, Our Lady Mary; for the days when you did not come- only in paradise can I give you thanks!

For the slap in the face,.....for the bantering, the insults, for those who believed I was crazy, for those who believed I was lying, for those who believed I was greedy, thank you Lady Mary!

For the spelling I never learned, the knowledge of books I never had, for my ignorance and my stupidity, thank You!

Thank you! Thank you! Because had there been in this world a girl more ignorant and stupid than I, You would have chosen her.

For my mother who died so far away, for my sorrow when my father instead of opening his arms to his little Bernadette, called me "Sister Marie-Bernard," I thank You JESUS!

Father Tadeusz Dajczer +2009

No comments:

Post a Comment