Social Media Icons

Urban Impressions of the Stations of the Cross

Saturday, March 19, 2016

March 19 - Saturday of the Fifth Week of Lent and Solemnity of Saint Joseph, husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary


Sin must be something most horrible since it has obliged GOD to condemn creatures as perfect and as lovable as the angels. But what then must Your mercy be, Dear GOD, to bear with me after so many crimes, with me who am no more than a handful of mire, and to recall me to You without any wish to destroy me! How great must Your Love be to outweigh, to overcome this dreadful aversion which You naturally have for sin! Really, this consideration pierces my heart, and fills me, with a very tender love for You.

After the sight of my disorders, a sweet thought has succeeded the confusion which I felt as a result of them. It concerned the greatness of the matter on which GOD's Mercy could be exercised, and a most firm hope that He would be Glorified in forgiving me. "This hope is laid up in my bosom" (Job 19:27). This hope is so firmly fixed in my heart that with GOD'S Grace, I would yield up my life before surrendering it.

Then I cast myself into the arms of the Blessed Virgin. She received me with a readiness and a sweetness that was wonderful. And what touches me most about this is that I AM conscious of being at fault in having up to now, served her ill. But I have come here with a great purpose of overlooking nothing this year, which would help me to conceive a great love of her, and to draw up a plan of devotion towards her which I shall try to keep all of my life.

Saint Claude La Colombiere +1682

No comments:

Post a Comment