Social Media Icons

Urban Impressions of the Stations of the Cross

Saturday, March 12, 2016

March 12 - Saturday of the Fourth Week of Lent


As I read today's readings, while there were a few things that struck me, the psalm struck a unique chord in me. It seemed to me that what echoed throughout the psalm was the idea of God as the protector. Over the last few years I have experience an array of big "life events." Some of them have been beautiful and blessed (marriage, birth of children), while others have been challenging, difficult or sad (sickness or death of a loved one). Throughout each event, God seems to have filled a slightly different role....and He knows best which role I need filled. While He may fill a unique role depending on the event (ie comforter at one point, healer at another), above all He is the protector. With faith in Him, there is no way I could despair.
  1. Are there any times where you have been in the midst of hardship/on the brink of despair and things suddenly "worked out?"
  2. What role is Christ playing in your life today? Is He a Healer? Comforter? Companion?"
Reflection by ML
RCIA Candidate



No comments:

Post a Comment